z-kaz

Meanderings of Z.

Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 13, 2006

Is Mother Nature a Tease?

In short, yes. Of course her tempting nuggets of weather come by many names including: Indian summer, favorable weather patterns, pockets of paradise, and milder than normal conditions. All in all it means that for some too short a period of time you will experience the ultimate weather conditions, and then be thrust back into the normal routine. For now, that means unnaturally warm and humid free weather until winter raises it ugly head again. I do enjoy all of the different seasons. This is one of the primary reasons for living in the area of the US that I do.

However, I have had enough of winter. I enjoy the beauty of snow, and even don’t mind shoveling it out of my way from time to time. But when I get to the back nine of its presence I have had enough. I am tired of the lack of color, and the chillingly cold breezes. It is like nature slips into a state of hibernation and everything stops. I need color, I am actually craving it. I want to see leaves on trees, butterflies, hummingbirds, and the various activities that are associated with the emergence of nature and life.

We have all been hibernating too long now; time to wake up.

1 Comments:

Blogger z-kaz said...

lc, Totally agree. I also second the motion that geese are worse. Especially true as a golfer.

March 16, 2006 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home